Healthy 1 ingredient homemade crackers
There is not much I love more than a quick and easy recipe! It’s great to be able to whip something up using only a few ingredients and no time at all. Well these healthy 1 ingredient homemade crackers are the easiest recipe on our website to date, and like the title suggests, they only use 1 ingredient that you might already have sitting in the pantry.
So what’s the magical ingredient? Flour wraps! do you ever find yourself using a few wraps in a packet and then the rest go to waste? They can be frozen and defrosted as needed (which is what I often do with leftover wraps), but they can also be made into the delicious homemade crackers.
These crackers have endless uses, including using them as nachos, to go with dips or simply as they are in school lunch boxes.
Homemade crackers are great as they are, but the below flavour combinations also taste just as amazing:
DIY corn chips – Sprinkle with onion salt and paprika
Cheesy crackers – Sprinkle with grated cheese before baking
Gourmet crackers to go with dips – Drizzle with olive oil and season before baking
Lemon pepper – Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and drizzle with lemon juice before baking
To make the homemade crackers, first preheat the oven to 180c. Take half a packet of wraps (or a whole pack if you want to make a bulk amount). Cut the wraps into strips in going in one direction, then again going in the other direction, resulting in small squares. You can make these squares as large or small as you like.
Place the squares on two baking trays and transfer to the preheated oven. Bake for around 10-12 minutes, or until the crackers start to turn golden. The crackers will firm up more as they cool so don’t worry if they still feel a little soft when they come out of the oven.
Allow the crackers to cool before transferring to an airtight container. The crackers should stay fresh in an airtight container for up to a week.
- 1/2 an 8 pack of white, multigrain or wholemeal wraps
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Cut the 4 wraps into strips one way, the repeat across the other way, giving you small squares (you can make the squares are large or small as you prefer).
- Place the squares on 2 baking trays, and bake in the oven for around 10-12 minutes, or until the crackers start to turn golden. The crackers will firm up more as they cool.
- Let the crackers cool completely before storing at room temperature in an airtight container. These crackers will last in a container for around a week.