Golden Syrup Biscuits
These golden syrup biscuits, or hockey pokey biscuits if you grew up with the Edmonds cookbook, taste absolutely amazing for something so simple. The golden syrup gives the biscuits a great honeycomb like flavour.
These biscuits contain only 4 simple ingredients, and could not be any easier to make. They also make the perfect lunch box treat.
More biscuit recipes
Need more baking inspiration? Look no further than the biscuit recipes below:
- Coffee scroll biscuits
- Monte carlo biscuits
- Homemade tiny teddy biscuits
- Caramilk chunk cookies
- Double chocolate chip cookies
Ingredients in golden syrup biscuits
Ready to whip up a batch of these delicious biscuits? You just need the following 4 ingredients:
- Brown sugar
- Golden syrup
- Self raising flour
How to make golden syrup biscuits
Before making a start on the biscuit dough, first preheat the oven to 180c fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
Add the softened butter and brown sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until light and creamy. Add the golden syrup and self raising flour and beat on a low speed until well combined and a dough has formed.
Roll teaspoon full of dough into balls, and place on the prepared baking trays. Flatten slightly with a fork. Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely on the baking tray.
Golden Syrup Biscuits recipe
- 125g butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 cup self raising flour
- Preheat the oven to 180c fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper
- Add the softened butter and brown sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until light and creamy.
- Add the golden syrup and self raising flour and beat on a low speed until well combined.
- Roll teaspoons full of dough and place on the lined baking tray. Flatten lightly with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool on baking tray.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 78Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 116mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g