This easy slice is based on the ever popular sugar cookie, but in a softer and more delicious slice (or bars for our American readers) form. The slice is topped with a super easy buttercream frosting, and while optional, looks great sprinkled with funfetti. The recipe is also just as tasty served without the icing.
The recipe is just about as simple as can be, containing only 5 ingredients. First, cream the butter and sugar together, then add vanilla extract. Finally, add eggs and flour and that’s it, the slice is ready for the oven!
More slice recipes
Nothing is more popular than a good slice recipe. Get your slice fix by checking out the slice recipes below:
- Anzac Slice
- Cherry Ripe Slice
- Caramel Slice
- Lemon Meringue Slice
- Chocolate hedgehog slice
- Condensed milk berry cheesecake slice
Sugar Cookie Slice recipe
- 125g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 125g butter, extra
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, extra
- Funfetti, for decorating
- Line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside. Preheat oven to 180c.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in the bowl of a stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add to the butter mixture the vanilla extract, followed by the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add the flour, mixing until just combined and a dough has formed.
- Press the mixture into the prepared slice tin with your fingers or the back of a spoon. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until just starting to turn golden.
- Allow to completely in the tin before removing and icing.
- To make the buttercream icing, beat the extra butter in the stand mixer until pale and creamy. Gradually add the icing sugar, milk and extra vanilla extract while still beating. Spread the buttercream over the cooled slice, sprinkle with funfetti and slice into squares.
- Store the slice in an airtight container.