DIY Coffee Body Scrub
You might have seen the latest trend of coffee body scrubs in those cute little bags, like the crazy popular Frank Body Scrub. Our DIY Coffee Body Scrub will show you just how easy it is to make these scrubs yourself, using only 3 everyday pantry ingredients. These scrubs cost upwards of $15 for a little bag, while this recipe will make around 100g of body scrub for a fraction of that cost. Of course if you want a larger amount of scrub, just double the amount of ingredients.
So what’s so good about this coffee scrub? It’s said that these scrubs will not only get rid of dry skin, but also help with skin conditions such as cellulite, stretch marks and eczema. The recipe below doesn’t have to be strictly followed, there are a number of ways you can tweak it:
- You can use any ground coffee you like. The coffee can be leftover grounds, or fresh out of the packet.
- You don’t just have to use white sugar. Try brown sugar or even salt! If you have sensitive skin try using finer sugars such as caster sugar or brown sugar.
- You can use either olive oil or coconut oil. Both work just as well as each other, but I used olive.
- You can add extra flavours to this scrub, such as cocoa powder, vanilla extract or essences.
You will need
- 3 tablespoons ground coffee
- 3 tablespoons white sugar, brown sugar or salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
To make the scrub
- Mix together the coffee and sugar (or salt) in a small bowl. Add the oil and stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Store the scrub in an airtight container for 3-4 weeks.
To use the scrub, rub in circular motions over your skin, especially concentrating on any problem areas you want to target. Leave to dry on your skin for 5 minutes, then rinse off. Your skin will be super soft and feel smooth, and just plain amazing! This scrub can also be used on your face, just keep it well away from your eyes, and of course do a patch test first.