These devilled sausages are the ultimate way to enjoy sausages. Sausages might be budget friendly, but that doesn’t mean they have to be boring. And these sausages are definitely not boring.
These sausages are served in a slightly sweet and sticky sauce that really is so delicious. Serve with mashed potato and steamed vegetables and you have the perfect quick and easy weeknight meal.
Easy dinner ideas
Feed the family without a fuss with these easy dinner ideas:
- Chilli con carne
- Savoury mince
- Beef in black bean sauce
- Curried sausages
- Creamy Tuscan chicken
- Cheesy baked meatballs
What you need
To make this quick and easy dinner you will need the following ingredients:
- Sausages – Use your favourite sausages, any will do, even a meat-free version
- Apple – I used green but red will work just as well
- Beef stock – Use your preference of liquid stock or powdered stock mixed with water
- Tomato paste
- Brown sugar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Cornflour – This will thicken the sauce
- Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh thyme leaves – Or dried if it’s all you have on hand
Devilled sausages recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 sausages
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, cored and diced (no need to peel)
- 1 cup beef stock
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh thyme, to serve
- To make the sauce whisk together the beef stock, tomato paste, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, cornflour and dijon mustard. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a low-medium heat. Cook the sausages until browned all over. Set aside.
- Add a little extra olive oil to the pan if needed, then add the onion and apple and cook, stirring, until softened.
- Stir through the prepared sauce, then return the sausages to the pan. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and the sausages are cooked through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish the sausages with the fresh thyme leaves.
These sausages are great served with mashed potato and steamed vegetables.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 535Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 1481mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 19g