It’s time to bring back this classic recipe! Curried sausages are easy to make, budget friendly and best of all, it’s actually a really delicious dinner.
Served with mashed potato or rice, this quick and easy dinner is the perfect weeknight meal that the entire family is sure to love.
More easy dinner ideas
After more dinner inspiration to help with the weekly meal plan? The recipes below are sure to help:
- Butter chicken lasagna
- Creamy Tuscan chicken
- Cheesy baked meatballs
- Baked spaghetti
- Swedish meatballs
- Baked feta and tomato pasta
- Salmon pasta
Step by step instructions
Step 1. Cook the sausages
Heat half of the oil in a large frying pan and cook the sausages, turning often, until cook through. Remove from the heat, slice into pieces and set aside.
Step 2. Soften the onion and carrot
Heat the remaining oil and cook the onion and carrot, stirring often, until starting to soften. Add the garlic and curry powder and cook until fragrant.
Step 3. Make the sauce
Add the flour and stir to combine. Gradually pour in the chicken stock, stirring well after each addition. Add the frozen peas along with the sliced sausages, and season to taste. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until the carrots are soft and the sauce has thickened.
Store these sausages in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat using the microwave or stovetop.
These curried sausages are perfect for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container or zip lock bag for up to 2 months.
What to serve with curried sausages
My favourite way to enjoy these curried sausages is with a side of mashed potato, but they are also great with rice.
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g sausages
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled, halved lengthways and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over a medium high heat. Cook the sausages until browned all over. Chop into smaller pieces and set aside.
- Add the sliced onion and carrot to the saute pan and cook, stirring, until the onion and carrot have started to soften. Add the garlic and curry powder and stir for around 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the plain flour and stir until well combined with the other ingredients. Gradually add the beef stock, stirring continuously between each addition.
- Add the chopped sausages and frozen peas. Season to taste with the salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the carrots have softened and the gravy is thick.
- My favourite way to serve curried sausages is with mashed potato, but they are also great with rice or pasta.
- Curried sausages can be frozen in an airtight container or ziplock bag for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge overnight before reheating until piping hot using the stovetop or microwave.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 503Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 1508mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 22g