It’s time to bring back this classic recipe! Curried sausages are easy to make, budget friendly and best of all, it’s actually a really delicious dinner.
Served with mashed potato or rice, this quick and easy dinner is the perfect weeknight meal that the entire family is sure to love.
Easy dinner ideas
After more dinner inspiration to help with the weekly meal plan? The recipes below are sure to help:
- Butter chicken lasagna
- Creamy Tuscan chicken
- Cheesy baked meatballs
- Baked spaghetti
- Swedish meatballs
- Baked feta and tomato pasta
Can curried sausages be frozen
These curried sausages are perfect for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container or zip lock bag for up to 2 months.
What to serve with
My favourite way to enjoy these curried sausages is with a side of mashed potato, but they are also great with rice.
Curried sausages recipe
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g sausages
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled, halved lengthways and sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over a medium high heat. Cook the sausages until browned all over. Chop into smaller pieces and set aside.
- Add the sliced onion and minced garlic to the saute pan and cook, stirring, until the onion has softened. Add the curry powder and stir for around 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the plain flour and stir until well combined with the other ingredients. Gradually add the chicken stock, stirring continously between each addition.
- Add the carrots, chopped sausages and frozen peas. Season to taste with the salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the carrots have softened and the gravy is thick.
- My favourite way to serve curried sausages is with mashed potato, but they are all great with rice or pasta.
- Curried sausages can be frozen in an airtight container or ziplock bag for up to 2 months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 503Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 1508mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 22g