Creamy Tuscan Chicken
This creamy Tuscan chicken is a flavoured filled quick and easy dinner that the whole family is sure to love. Serve it over cooked pasta with a side salad and you have the perfect weeknight dinner.
This Tuscan chicken is a one pan recipe which means less washing up! It’s absolutely bursting with flavours thanks to the sun dried tomatoes, garlic and that delicious creamy sauce.
In need of more family friendly chicken recipes? Take a look at the quick and easy ideas below:
- Chicken and corn soup
- Slow cooker chicken wild rice soup
- Baked honey soy chicken
- Chicken satay burgers
- Chicken and vegetable lasagne
- BBQ chicken pizza
How to serve Tuscan chicken
My favourite way to serve this chicken is over cooked pasta. It also tastes great served over rice, or with a leafy green salad and a side of crusty bread.
Ingredients in creamy Tuscan chicken
To make this delicious family friendly dinner you will need the following ingredients:
- Olive oil
- Chicken breast
- Sun dried tomatoes, reserving the oil
- Brown onion
- Baby spinach leaves
- Thickened cream
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to make creamy Tuscan chicken
The first step in making this Tuscan chicken is to cook the chicken sliced chicken. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the chicken in two batches until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a clean plate.
With the frying pan still over the heat, add some of the reserved sun dried tomato oil. Add the diced onion and cook until softened. Add the minced garlic and cook for around 1 minute until fragrant. Finally, add the chopped sun dried tomatoes and baby spinach leaves, and cook until the spinach has wilted.
Add the cream to the frying pan and season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Stir through the parmesan cheese, and simmer until the cheese has melted and sauce has thickened.
Return the chicken to the frying pan along with any resting juices, and simmer until heated through. Serve.
Creamy Tuscan Chicken recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g chicken breast fillets, cut into thin pieces
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped, reserving some oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 120g baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock powder
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the chicken in 2 batches until browned and coked through. Set aside.
- Keeping the frying pan on the heat, add some of the reserved sun dried tomato oil. Cook the diced onion until softened. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the chopped sun dried tomatoes and baby spinach leaves and cook until the spinach has wilted.
- Add the cream and chicken stock powder, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Stir through the parmesan cheese and simmer until the sauce has thickened.
- Return the chicken and any resting juices to the frying pan and simmer until heated through. Serve.
- This Tuscan chicken can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 4 months.
- The thickened cream can be substituted with any cream your prefer.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 589Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 197mgSodium: 329mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 45g