Coconut whipped cream is a fantastic alternative to ordinary whipped cream. Whether you are vegan or dairy-free, or just like the taste of something a little lighter, this whipped cream is for you.
Use this coconut cream just as you would use traditional whipped cream. It’s fantastic on pavlovas and served on or alongside cakes. It also tastes amazing served with fresh berries.
Dairy-free doesn’t have to mean lacking in flavour. These following desserts are all great dairy free options:
Ingredients in whipped coconut cream
This whipped coconut cream could not be simpler. All you need are the following 2 ingredients:
- 400ml can coconut cream, placed in the fridge overnight
- Icing sugar or your preferred sweetener
How to make coconut whipped cream
Before making the whipped cream, ensure that your unopened can of coconut cream has been in the fridge overnight to solidify the cream.
Without shaking or tipping the can of coconut cream, open the can and scoop out the solid cream from the top. Discard of the liquid in the bottom of the can.
Add the solid coconut cream to the bowl of a stand mixer along with the icing sugar or your chosen sweetener. Beat on high for around 3 minutes, or until soft peaks have formed.
Keep the whipped coconut cream in the fridge until ready to use. The whipped cream will harden further the longer it is in the fridge.
Coconut whipped cream recipe
- 400ml can coconut milk, refrigerated
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- Open the can without tipping or shaking it, then scoop out the solidified coconut cream. Discard of the liquid in the bottom of the can.
- Place the solid coconut cream into the bowl of a stand mixer along with the icing sugar. Beat on high for around 3 minutes or until soft peaks have formed.
- Keep the coconut cream in the fridge until ready to use.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g