Christmas Rocky Road
Christmas Rocky Road
This post is brought to you by Woolworths
There is no better Christmas treat than rocky road. It’s one of those Christmas staples that’s so quick and easy to make, and can easily be adapted to suit different tastes.
Rocky road requires no baking whatsoever. Keep the ingredients on hand and you can easily whip up a batch or two as needed throughout the festive season.
Rocky road also makes a great Christmas gift. Wrap a few slices in some cellophane, tie with a ribbon and you have the perfect homemade gift.
Plus, Christmas Rocky Road is always a little more fun than ordinary rocky road. There are so many delicious Christmas treats in the supermarket aisles right now that are perfect for adding to a rocky road.
When shopping for this rocky road, I hit the Christmas section of my local Woolworths to find a few Christmas sweets that would be perfect for the recipe, and I wasn’t disappointed.
Rocky Road isn’t the same without marshmallows, so I also found these cute Woolworths Christmas Marshmallows which includes marshmallows in the shape of a stars, Christmas trees and baubles. These might just be the softest marshmallows I have ever eaten.
All of these ingredients combined resulted in the most amazing combination of flavours and textures. It’s so good that I’m sure I will be making a few more batches between now and Christmas.
Christmas Rocky Road Recipe
- 500g milk chocolate
- 160g Woolworths Caramel Flavoured Fudge, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Woolworths Christmas Marshmallows, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Woolworths Candy Cane Popcorn
- 1 cup pretzels, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- Before making a start on the rocky road mixture, line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Place the milk chocolate in a large microwave safe bowl and microwave in short bursts until the chocolate has melted. Stir the chocolate until smooth.
- To the melted chocolate, add the chopped fudge, chopped marshmallows, candy cane popcorn, chopped pretzels and pistachios. Mix until all ingredients are well combined and coated evenly with the melted chocolate.
- Transfer the rocky road mixture to the prepared slice tin and press down evenly. If desired, decorate the top of the rocky road using extra fudge, marshmallows, popcorn and pretzels.
- Place the rocky road in the fridge until set. Once set, slice using a sharp knife, and store in the fridge in an airtight container.