These Chocolate Weetbix Balls contain only 4 ingredients, and like most of the recipes on our website are super simple to make. The only cooking involved is melting the chocolate! They are a great way to use up any stale Weetbix you might have hidden in the back of the cupboard.
What you need
To make these Weetbix balls you will need the following ingredients:
- Weetbix – Use Weetbix brand, or any alternative brand of breakfast wheat biscuits.
- Chocolate – I used milk chocolate in this recipe, but dark chocolate will also work well. I like to use eating chocolate just because I think it give the balls a better taste, but a good cooking chocolate can also be used.
- Sweetened condensed milk – Use a full fat sweetened condensed milk, which will help the balls set firmer.
- Desiccated coconut – It’s best to stick to desiccated coconut with this recipe, as opposed to shredded or shaved coconut.
Store these Weetbix balls in and airtight container for up to 1 week.
These chocolate Weetbix balls are suitable for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Defrost at room temperature before eating.
Weetbix and Milo recipes
- Weetbix date loaf
- Lemon Weetbix slice
- Milo and Weetbix slice
- Weetbix marshmallow slice
- Milo biscuits
- Milo brownies
- 7 Weetbix
- 100g chocolate
- 395g sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Crush the Weet-Bix in a large bowl using your hands. Add in the condensed milk and stir until combined.
- Melt the dark chocolate according to the instructions on the packet, then add the melted chocolate to the Weetbix mixture and stir until mixed through.
- Place the coconut into a shallow bowl. Roll teaspoons full of mixture into balls, and roll in the coconut. Wetting your hands with water after rolling every few balls will help stop the mixture sticking to your hands.
- Allow the balls to set for a few hours in the fridge, then eat!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g