There is something amazing about chocolate Oreos and cream cheese. The smooth insides of these no-bake chocolate Oreo balls is dangerously good. I dare you to try stop at just one. These Oreo cheesecake truffles start with a cream cheese and Oreo filling, which is encased in a layer of delicious chocolate.
These truffles are such a popular recipe, and for a good reason. They are so quick and easy to make yet taste absolutely amazing. They are basically a bite-sized Oreo cheesecake.
What you need
To make these delicious Oreo balls you will need the following 4 ingredients:
- Oreo cookies – Use your favourite variety or Oreos, or any other chocolate based biscuit or cookie.
- Cream cheese – Be sure to use a full fat cream cheese, as the fat will help give the truffles their correct texture and ensure they hold their shape.
- Dark chocolate
- White chocolate
Step by step instructions
Step 1. Make the filling
Add the Oreo cookies to a food processor and process until crushed. Add the cream cheese and process once again until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
Step 2. Make the Oreo balls
Take tablespoons full of the Oreo mixture and roll in your hands to form a ball. Add the Oreo balls to a plate as you go.
Step 3. Melt the chocolate and coat the balls
Once all of the mixture is formed into balls, it’s time to melt the chocolate and coat the Oreo balls. I coated half of my Oreo balls in white chocolate and half in dark chocolate, but you can coat all of yours in white chocolate or dark chocolate if you prefer. I also drizzled a little dark chocolate on the white chocolate balls, and white chocolate on the dark chocolate balls, but that’s completely optional.
Once all of the Oreo balls are coated in the melted chocolate, place them in the fridge to set.
How to store
Due to the cream cheese content these truffles need to be store in the fridge. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
These Oreo balls are suitable for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge before enjoying.
- Chocolate mint truffles
- Salted caramel bliss balls
- Blueberry bliss balls
- Strawberry bliss balls
- Chocolate Caramilk balls
- Easy Milo balls
- 3 ingredient apricot balls
- 36 Oreo cookies
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 200g white chocolate
- 200g dark chocolate
- Add the Oreo cookies to a food processor and process until finely crushed.
- Add the softened cream cheese to the crushed Oreos and process again until smooth and well combined.
- Take tablespoons full of the Oreo mixture and roll into balls.
- Melt the chocolate. Coat the Oreo balls in the melted chocolate.
- Place the Oreo balls in the fridge to set. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- The chocolate in this recipe can be substituted with your favourite variety of chocolate.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 414Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 219mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 2gSugar: 33gProtein: 4g