Chocolate Creme Egg Fudge
Easter is on it’s way, and that means the supermarket shelves are starting to fill with all sorts of Easter goodies. I love to get creative each year and turn Easter eggs into all sorts of sweet treats, and this year is no exception.
Last year I made these Cadbury Creme Egg white chocolate mini cheesecakes, which were so popular with you all. It got me thinking of other Easter desserts I could create with Creme Eggs, and I decided to convert my 3 ingredient chocolate Malteser fudge recipe to Creme Egg version.
This fudge is one of the easiest fudge recipe you will ever come across. The base of the fudge on requires two ingredients, and is made using the microwave meaning it’s super quick. Once you have your fudge base, you can add whichever filling you feel like at the time, and you have an amazing 3 ingredient fudge.
There are really no limits to the fillings you can add to this fudge. Think lollies, chocolates, broken biscuits, pretzels. Anything that goes well with chocolate will work perfectly in this fudge.
To make the chocolate fudge, you will need two family sized blocks of milk chocolate (I used Cadbury but feel free to choose your favourite brand), or the equivalent amount of chocolate melts. You will also need a tin of sweetened condensed milk.
Break the two blocks of milk chocolate into squares and place in a large microwave safe mixing bowl, along with the sweetened condensed milk. Microwave in short bursts until the chocolate has melted, mixing well each time.
Once the fudge mixture is smooth and well combined, pour it into a lined, square cake tin. Top with a bag of mini Creme Eggs. Place in the fridge overnight to set. The next day, remove the fudge from the cake tin, cut into squares and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- 400g milk chocolate
- 395g tin sweetened condensed milk
- 130g bag Cadbury Creme Egg Minis
- Line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Break the milk chocolate into smaller pieces and add to a microwave safe bowl along with the entire tin of sweetened condensed milk. Microwave in short bursts until the chocolate has melted. Stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the lined slice tin. Top with the Cadbury Creme mini eggs.
- Place the fudge in the fridge to set overnight. The next day, remove the fudge from the fridge, slice into small squares and store in the fridge until ready to serve.