There wouldn’t be many of us that didn’t grow up with enjoying chocolate crackles. They were a birthday party staple! Whip up a batch and relive your childhood.
One of the reasons for the popularity of chocolate crackles could well be the fact that they are so easy to make. It’s as simple as melting the Copha and mixing through the remaining ingredients.
If you have a kids birthday party coming up, the following recipes are perfect for the occasion:
Ingredients in chocolate crackles
To make this classic treat you will need the following 5 ingredients:
- Copha – a form of shortening made from solidified coconut oil
- Rice bubbles – any brand of rice puffs will do
- Icing sugar
- Desiccated coconut
- Cocoa powder
Chocolate crackles recipe
- 4 cups rice bubbles
- 250g Copha
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- Melt the copha either in a saucepan over a low heat or in a large mixing bowl in the mixrowave.
- Add the icing sugar, desiccated coconut and cocoa powder to the melted copha. Stir until well combined.
- Add the rice bubbles to the chocolate mixture and mix through until all ingredients are well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into patty pans. Place in the fridge to set.
I used mini patty pans to make my chocolate crackles, but full sized patty pans also work well.
Store the chocolate crackles in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 56Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 35mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g