This chocolate chip oat slice is one of our favourite lunch box treats. It’s so easy to make, tastes delicious and is a great alternative to muesli bars.
This slice is made with chocolate chips, but these can be substituted with just about anything. Try nuts, seeds, dried dates, dried apricots, or dried cranberries. The options are endless!
School lunch box treats
Searching for more school lunch boxes treats? Try the following recipes to keep those hungry bellies full:
- Cornflake biscuits
- Apple crumble muffins
- Rice bubble slice
- Blueberry bliss balls
- Anzac slice
- Milo muffins
Store this slice in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
This slice is suitable for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature before enjoying.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 125g butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 180c fan forced. Line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking paper, desiccated coconut, rolled oats, brown sugar and chocolate chips.
- Add the melted butter and egg to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared slice tin and smooth the surface. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and firm.
- Cool completely in tin before slicing.
- Store this slice in an airtight container at room temperature for 4 days.
- This slice is suitable for freezing.
- Any dried coconut works in this recipe. I used shredded coconut.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 67mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g