This amazing chocolate Caramello slice recipe has been on our blog since 2014, and is still as popular as ever. The Caramello chocolate gives this slice the most delicious caramel flavour, it’s impossible to stop at just one slice.
It felt a little strange breaking up a full block of Caramello chocolate to melt down for this Chocolate Caramello Slice recipe, but the end result could possible be even better than that block of Caramello would have been on its own.
I’m yet to try it, but this recipe could easily be made with any flavour of chocolate, I’m planning on trying Peppermint next.
More sweetened condensed milk slice recipes
Sweetened condensed milk is a pantry staple when it comes to slices. Keep a few tins on hand and you can make slices at a moments notice, or even caramelise the condensed milk when a recipe call for caramel.
If you love this slice and want to try more condensed milk slices, look no further than the list below:
- Chocolate Hedgehog Slice
- Lemon Coconut Slice
- Mars Bar Slice
- Easy Caramel Slice
- Condensed Milk Berry Cheesecake Slice
How to make chocolate caramello slice
Ready to make a batch of caramello slice? Be warned, this slice is addictive!
To start, line a slice tin and set it aside while you prepare the slice mixture. Add the plain biscuits to a food processor and process until the biscuits are crushed. Crush the biscuits as much or as little as you like. I left a few smaller chunks in mine to give my slice a little extra texture and crunch, but you don’t have to. Set the crushed biscuits aside.
Break up the block of Caramello chocolate and add it to a large microwave safe mixing bowl, along with the butter. Microwave until melted, and stir until the melted chocolate and butter are combined.
Add the sweetened condensed milk, desiccated coconut and the crushed biscuits to the melted chocolate mixture, and stir until all ingredients are well combined.
Pour the mixture into the prepared slice tin. Flatten the slice either with the back of a spoon or your fingers. The mixture is a little sticky at this point so I flattened my slice with my fingers, which I had first ran under the tap to make them damp. The mixture won’t stick to your hands if your hands are wet.
Decorate the slice using desiccated or shredded coconut if using, and place in the fridge for a few hours to set. Once set, remove from the slice tin, slice into squares and serve. Store any leftover slice in an airtight container in the fridge.
- 250g plain biscuits
- 220g block Caramello chocolate
- 60g butter
- 1/4 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/2 395g can condensed milk
- dessicated coconut, extra (optional)
- Put the biscuits in a food processor and mix until the biscuits resemble crumbs
- Break up the chocolate in a large bowl with the butter and melt in the microwave. The amount of time it takes to melt will depend on your microwave.
- Add the crushed biscuits, coconut and condensed milk to the melted chocolate and butter mixture and stir until well combined.
- Line a slice tin with baking paper and press the mixture into the tin using your fingers or the back of a spoon. Sprinkle with the extra coconut if desired
- Place the slice in the fridge and leave for a few hours to set before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 142mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g