Chocolate Banana Muffins
These chocolate banana muffins are amazing! The added banana makes these muffins perfectly soft, and the added chocolate chips give amazing hits of chocolate as you eat them.
You can let these muffins cool, or enjoy them warm straight from the oven. They also freeze well, and make a great lunch box treat.
More muffin recipes
Muffins really do make the perfect snack. Check out the recipes below for more muffin inspiration:
Ingredients in chocolate banana muffins
Ready to whip up a batch of these delicious muffins? You will need the following ingredients:
- Self raising flour
- White sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Dark chocolate chips
- Ripe bananas
- Canola or vegetable oil
How to make chocolate banana muffins
Before making a start on the muffin batter, first preheat the oven to 180c and line 2 x 6 hole muffin trays with cupcake liner.
As with all muffin recipes, the dry ingredients and wet ingredients are mixed in seperate bowls, before combining the two and mixing until just combined. This helps ensure the muffins are light and fluffy once baked.
First, add the self raising flour, sugar, cocoa powder and dark chocolate chips to a large mixing bowl. Stir until the ingredients are well combined.
Next, add the mashed banana, milk, canola or vegetable oil and the egg to another mixing bowl. Whisk using a fork until all ingredients are well combined.
Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir until all ingredients are just combined.
Divide the muffin batter between the muffin tins. Bake for around 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Either wait for the muffins to cool completely, or alternatively enjoy while still warm.
Chocolate Banana Muffins recipe
- 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 180c. Line 2 x 6 hole muffins tins with cupcake liners and set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl add the self raising flour, sugar, cocoa powder and dark chocolate chips. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- To another mixing bowl add the mashed banana, milk, canola or vegetable oil and the egg. Whisk with a fork until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Divide the muffin batter evenly between the muffin tins. Bake for around 20 minutes or until cooked through. Allow to cool.
- Store the muffins in an airtight container at room temperature. These muffins can also be frozen.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 81mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 3g