Chocolate Almond Cookies
If you are after quick and easy chocolate almond cookies, this recipe is for you! It’s a simple one bowl recipe that only takes a few minutes to mix. These cookies are so deliciously chocolatey, you will find it hard to stop at just one.
There is just something so appealing about one bowl recipes. I love baking, but I don’t love the cleanup afterwards. Sometimes it just makes sense to mix everything in the one bowl, and minimise the dishes in the process.
- 180g butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Almonds, roughly chopped, for decorating
- Dark chocolate chips, for decorating
- White chocolate chips, for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Add the butter to a large microwave safe mixing bowl. Microwave until the butter has melted.
- Add the sugar, vanilla extract and the egg to the melted butter and mix until well combined.
- Add the self raising flour and cocoa powder to the butter mixture and mix once again until the ingredients are well combined and a dough has formed.
- Roll tablespoons full of dough between your hand to form a ball. Place on the prepared baking tray and flatten slightly with your hand. I made 12 large cookies but you can make a larger amount of smaller sized cookies if you prefer.
- Press the chopped almonds, dark and white chocolate chips into the cookies. Bake for around 15 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Cook less for a softer cookie and longer for a firmer cookie.
- Allow to cool before serving. Store leftover cookies in an airtight container.