Chicken rissoles are always a favourite. They are budget friendly, easy to make and the entire family is sure to love them. Serve them with a side of steamed vegetable or salad and you have the perfect weeknight meal.
These chicken rissoles used chicken mince, but this could easily be switched for pork, beef or even turkey mince. Up the vegetable content by adding some grated vegetables before shaping the rissoles.
Easy weeknight dinners
Need some weeknight dinner inspiration? Add the recipes below to your weekly meal plan:
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloni
- Chicken cashew stir fry
- Devilled sausages
- Chilli con carne
- Savoury mince
- Curried sausages
What you need
To make these chicken rissoles you will need:
- Chicken mince – feel free to substitute with beef, pork or turkey mince if desired
- Dried oregano
- Dried rosemary
- Dried breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
Chicken rissoles recipe
- 500g chicken mince
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, for frying
- Add the chicken mince, breadcrumbs, egg, onion, garlic, oregano and rosemary to a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix using a large spoon or hands until well combined.
- Take spoonfulls of the mixture and shape into balls. Place on a clean plate and flatten slightly. You should aim to make 12-16 rissoles (3-4 rissoles per serving).
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Fry the rissoles in batches, around 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden and cooked through.
- Repeat with the remaining rissoles, adding more olive oil as needed.
Use your favourite frying oil as an alternative to olive oil