This chicken and cashew stir fry is one of those meals that you can get on the table fast and everyone is sure to love. It really is the perfect weeknight dinner.
Not only is it quick and easy, it is also suitable for freezing. Why not make a big batch, have one portion for dinner tonight and freeze the rest for another night.
Weeknights can be busy, so sometimes you just want a meal you can get on the table FAST! Take a look at the recipes below for more inspiration:
- Chilli con carne
- Savoury mince
- Beef in black bean sauce
- Curried sausages
- Baked feta and tomato TikTok pasta
What to serve it with
Serve this stir fry with your favourite cooked noodles or rice.
Cashew chicken stir fry recipe
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 500g chicken thigh, diced
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews
For the sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons water
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok over a high heat. Cook the chicken, stirring, until browned.
- Add the capsicum, onion, broccoli and garlic and cook until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the sauce to the pan and cook, stirring, until thickened. Stir through the cashews and remove from heat.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
To cook the chicken and vegetables, use an oil with a high smoking point, such as canola or vegetable oil.
This recipe is suitable to freeze.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 470Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 160mgSodium: 1287mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 36g