This chicken caramelised onion and rocket pizza is by far my favourite pizza topping combination. What really makes the flavours of this pizza pop are the addition of fresh baby rocket leaves and a drizzle of caesar salad dressing.
While it might seem odd to drizzle salad dressing over a pizza, the creaminess of the casear dressing just works so well.
Make this pizza using either your favourite homemade pizza base recipe, or use a shop-bought pizza base. This recipe makes 2 pizzas, but feel free to scale up or down the ingredient amount to make either more or less pizzas.
This delicious pizza uses the following pizza toppings:
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves, crushed or finely chopped
- Shredded cooked chicken
- Caramelised onions
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Baby rocket leaves
- Caesar dressing
- 2 pizza bases
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200g shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup caramelised onions
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 40g baby rocket leaves
- 4 tablespoons caesar dressing
- Preheat 2 x baking trays in the oven at 200c.
- To assemble the pizzas, drizzle half of the olive oil over each pizza along with half of the chopped garlic. Spread evenly over the pizzas with the back of a spoon.
- Top each of the pizzas with half of the cooked chicken, half of the caramelised onions and half of the grated mozzarella.
- Transfer the pizzas to the preheated oven trays. Bake for 15 minutes or until the bases are golden and the cheese has melted.
- Top each of the pizzas with half of the rocket and drizzle over half of the caesar dressing.
- Cut each pizza into 8 slices and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 492Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 710mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 25g