Fritters are one of my favourite lunch or light dinner options, and these cheesy zucchini fritters are no exception. The addition of grated cheese to the batter makes for one delicious fritter recipe.
The wonderful thing about fritters is that you can easily add anything to the batter. If you don’t have zucchini on hand you could substitute it for whatever vegetables are in your fridge. Grated carrot and corn, either fresh or canned, work perfectly.
Easy fritter recipes
Looking for more quick and easy fritter recipes? Try the recipes below:
Ingredients in cheesy zucchini fritters
Ready to whip up a batch of these cheesy zucchini fritters? You will need the following ingredients:
- Zucchini, grated
- Tasty cheese, grated
- Plain flour
- Baking powder
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil, or preferred oil for frying
How to make cheesy zucchini fritters
Squeeze as much liquid as possible out of the grated zucchini, then place in a large mixing bowl. Add the grated cheese, plain flour, baking powder, milk, egg and season with salt and pepper. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add spoonfuls of the zucchini batter to the frying pan. Fry until golden on the underside, then flip and fry until golden. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and repeat with the remaining mixture.
Serve the fritter with a lemon garlic yoghurt sauce, or your favourite dipping sauce.
Store these fritters in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat using the oven or microwave.
These fritters are suitable for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge before reheating.
- 2 large zucchinis, grated
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for frying
- Place the grated zucchini in a colander with a sprinkle of salt. Leave to sit for 10 minutes, then squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Transfer the zucchini to a large mixing bowl along with the grated tasty cheese, plain flour, baking powder, milk and salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Drop spoonfuls of the batter into the frying pan and fry on each side until golden. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the fritters as a lunch with a lemon yoghurt for dipping, or as a dinner with a side salad.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- These fritters are suitable for freezing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 346mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 10g