These tasty carrot fritter make the perfect lunch or light dinner when served with a side salad. They are packed full with flavour, yet are so quick and easy to make.
Not only are these fritters perfect for a light dinner, they are also perfect for school lunch boxes. They are just as great eaten cold as they are warm, and they can also be frozen.
Try making a double batch to add to the freezer, then just pull one or two out to add to lunch boxes in the morning. They will be defrosted in time for lunch. They are a great way to get a few extra vegetables into the kids.
Carrot fritter ingredients
To make these fritter, you will need the following ingredients:
- Self raising flour
- Spring onions
- Fresh parsley
- Ground cumin
How to make carrot fritter
These carrot fritters are so quick and easy to make, just follow these simple steps.
To a large mixing bowl, add the self raising flour, eggs, grated carrot, chopped fresh parsley, chopped spring onions, ground cumin and minced garlic. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add large spoonfuls of the fritter batter to the frying pan, and cook on each side until golden and cooked through. Repeat until all of the batter has been used.
Serve these fritters as they are, or top with natural yoghurt, chopped fresh parsley and chopped spring onion. To turn them into a meal, just add a leafy side salad.
Carrot Fritters recipe
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Olive oil, for frying
- Natural yoghurt, to serve
- Extra thinly sliced spring onions, to serve
- Extra chopped fresh parsley, to serve
- Add the plain flour, eggs, grated carrots, spring onions, fresh parsley, garlic and cumin to a large mixing bowl. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Place large spoonfuls of the fritter mixture into the frying pan and fry until golden, before flipping and frying the other side. Repeat until all of the mixture has been used.
- Serve the fritters warm topped with the natural yoghurt, spring onions and fresh parsley.