This carrot and zucchini slice makes a great quick and easy weeknight dinner, or a delicious alternative to school lunch box sandwiches.
This slice is a twist on the classic zucchini slice, with an extra serve of veggies thanks to the carrot. Kids and adults alike are going to love this slice.
- Zucchini slice
- Zucchini slice muffins
- Thermomix zucchini slice
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Cheesy zucchini fritters
Ingredients and substitutions
- Onion – Use a brown or white onion. A red onion could also be used.
- Zucchini – Use a medium sized fresh zucchini.
- Carrots – Use 2 medium sized carrots. I gave the carrots a good clean and grated then with the skin on, however the carrots can be peeled before grating if preferred.
- Cheese – Grated tasty cheese was used in this slice, however any grated cheese can be used.
- Self raising flour – If you don’t have any self raising flour on hand, make your own by combining 1 cup of plain flour and 1 1/2 cups baking powder.
- Eggs – 5 large eggs were used in this recipe.
- Salt and pepper – Season the batter to taste with salt and pepper.
Store this slice in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Serves as is or reheat in the microwave.
This slice is also suitable for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge overnight.
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 5 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180c fan forced. Line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Add the onion, zucchini, carrots, grated cheese, self raising flour and eggs to a large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared slice tin and smooth the surface. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Store leftover slice in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freeze this slice in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Enjoy this slice warm or cold.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 175mgSodium: 501mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 13g