This Caramilk rice bubble slice is the ultimate Caramilk treat that both adults and kids alike will love. It starts with a crispy, marshmallowy slice, which is then drizzled with melted Caramilk chocolate.
This recipe is based on my version of homemade LCM bars, but with added Caramilk. An entire block of Caramilk is used in this recipe, with half the block melted through the marshmallow mixture, and the other half melted and drizzled over the slice. The end result is just as delicious as I hoped it would be.
More Caramilk recipes
Want more Caramilk recipes? Look no further than the ever popular recipes below:
- Caramilk baked cheesecake
- Caramilk vanilla slice
- Caramilk banana bread
- Caramilk mud cake
- Caramilk banana muffins
- No churn Caramilk ice cream
- Caramilk mousse
Ingredients and substitutions
Ready to whip up a batch of this rice bubble slice? Before you get started, you will need the following ingredients:
- White marshmallows ( I had a big bag of mixed white and pink marshmallows, and just picked out the white marshmallows. Pink marhsmallows will work fine if it’s all you have, the colour of the slice may just turn out a little different.)
- Butter – I used salted butter, but unsalted butter could also be used.
- Caramilk chocolate – The Caramilk chocolate could be substituted with white chocolate.
- Rice bubbles – Or any variety of rice puffs.
How to make Caramilk rice bubble slice
Before making a start on this slice, you will need to line a slice tin with baking paper. Set aside while making the rice bubble mixture.
To make the marshmallow mixture, add to a large microwave safe bowl the marshmallows, butter and half a block of Caramilk chocolate. Microwave in 30 second bursts until all of the ingredients have melted, stirring in between each burst. Mix until all ingredients are combined and the mixture is smooth.
Transfer the mixture into the lined slice tin. Press the rice bubbles down firmly using the back of a metal spoon or your fingers. The mixture will be fairly sticky thank to the marshmallows, so lightly wetting your hands before pressing down the rice bubbles might help.
Melt the remaining half a block of Caramilk chocolate. Drizzle over the rice bubble slice. Place the slice in the fridge for around 2 hours to set.
Once the slice has set, slice into squares using a sharp knife. Store the slice in an airtight container in the fridge.
- 200g white marshmallows
- 100g butter
- 90g Caramilk chocolate
- 5 cups rice bubbles
- 90g Caramilk chocolate, extra for drizzling
- Line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- To a large microwave safe mixing bowl add the white marshmallows, butter and Caramilk chocolate. Microwave in 30 second bursts until melted, mixing in between each burst. Mix until smooth.
- Add the rice bubbles and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer the rice bubble mixture to the prepared slice tin. Press the rice bubbles down firmly with the back of a metal spoon or your fingers.
- Melt the remaining 90g of Caramilk and drizzle over the rice bubble slice.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours or until set. Slice into squares and serve.
- Store this slice in an airtight container in the fridge.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 105mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g