Nothing beats a rich, dense mud chocolate mud cake. This Caramilk mud cake takes mud cakes to a whole new level. It’s quick, easy and has the most amazing flavour thanks to the Caramilk in both the mud cake and icing.
This cake batter really is as easy as it gets. It’s a simple one bowl melt and mix recipe that you will find yourself using time and time again. If you don’t have any Caramilk on hand, simply substitute for equivalent amounts of white chocolate.
When it comes to baking the cake, as with any mud cake low and slow is best. This avoids the cake browning too much on the outside, but if you still find the cake browning more than you would like, simply cover it loosely with foil and continue baking until cooked through.
This delicious cake is topped with Caramilk ganache. For something that tastes so amazing, this ganache really is easy to make. You only need a block of Caramilk, some thickened cream and a microwave.
More Caramilk recipes
Need more Caramilk recipes ideas? Look no further than the recipes below:
- Banana Caramilk muffins
- No churn Caramilk ice cream
- Caramilk cheesecake
- Caramilk rocky road
- Caramilk brownies
- Caramilk mousse
- Caramilk chunk cookies
- Easy Caramilk fudge
- Chocolate Caramilk slice
- Chocolate Caramilk balls
Ingredients in Caramilk mud cake
Ready to bake this delicious cake? You will need the following ingredients:
- Cadbury Caramilk chocolate
- Vanilla extract
- Self raising flour
How to make Caramilk mud cake
Before making a start on the cake batter, first preheat the oven to 150c and line a round cake tin with baking paper.
Add to a large microwave safe mixing bowl the butter, water and block of Caramilk chocolate broken into pieces. Microwave in 1 minute bursts until melting, stirring well in between each burst.
Once the butter and Chocolate are melted, add the sugar, vanilla extract and eggs. Mix until well combined. Finally, add the self raising flour and mix once again until all ingredients are well combined and the batter is smooth.
Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until cooked through. Allow to cool completely before removing from tin.
How to make Caramilk ganache
Feel free to decorate this mud cake with your favourite icing, but this Caramilk ganache pairs perfectly with the cake. To make the ganache you will need:
- A block of Caramilk chocolate
- Thickened cream
Break up the Caramilk chocolate into pieces, and add to a small microwave safe mixing bowl along with the thickened cream. Microwave in short bursts until the chocolate has melted, and stir until the chocolate is well combined with the cream.
Place the ganache in the fridge for around half an hour, or until thickened but still a spreadable consistency. Spread over the cooled cake.
Carmilk Mud Cake recipe
- 200g butter
- 180g Cadbury Caramilk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 200ml water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 180g Cadbury Caramilk, extra
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- Preheat oven to 150c. Line a round cake tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Add the butter, water and Caramilk chocolate to a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 1 minute bursts, stirring in between each burst, until the chocolate and butter have melted.
- Add to the wet ingredients the sugar, vanilla extract and eggs. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Add the self raising flour and mix once again until all ingredients are combined and the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin. Bake for around 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Cover the cake loosely with foil if it is browning too quickly. Allow the cake to cool completely in tin.
- Make the Caramilk ganache by adding the extra Caramilk and thickened cream to a small microwave safe mixing bowl. Microwave in short bursts until the chocolate has completely melted. Stir until smooth. Place in the fridge for around 30 minutes or until the ganache has thickened but is still a spreadable consistency. Spread over the cooled cake.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 357Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 382mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 5g