Ganache is one of my favourite things to make with chocolate, and this Caramilk ganache is no exception. It’s the perfect way to finish a chocolate mud cake, but it has so many more uses.
As a dipping sauce in a fresh fruit platter, as icing on a cake and a filling in a tart are just some of the delicious ways to enjoy this ganache.
It also couldn’t be simpler to make. For those not familiar with ganache, it’s simply chocolate and cream heated together until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Sneak a little taste while waiting for the mixture to cool; it really is one of the most delicious things.
Caramilk makes the best desserts! Get some great recipe ideas below:
- Caramilk cookie slice
- Caramilk fudge brownies
- Caramilk rice bubble slice
- Caramilk baked cheesecake
- Caramilk banana bread
- Caramilk mud cake
- Banana caramilk muffins
Ways to use ganache
Ganache not only works great as an icing on cakes, but is also fantastic in so many other desserts. Take a look at the ideas below:
- Chocolate ganache truffles
- Tart filling
- Donut icing
- Chocolate fondue
- Whipped as a chocolate mousse
- 180g block Cadbury Caramilk chocolate
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- Add the Caramilk and thickened cream to a small microwave safe mixing bowl.
- Microwave in short bursts until the chocolate has completely melted. Stir until smooth.
- Place in the fridge for around 30 minutes or until the ganache has thickened but is still a spreadable consistency.
- This chocolate ganache also works great with white, milk or dark chocolate
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g