Filled with chunks of Caramilk and drizzled with even more Caramilk, this Caramilk banana bread could quite possibly be the best banana bread recipe ever.
Even without the addition of Caramilk, this banana bread is quick and easy, moist and soft and has the perfect banana flavour. If you don’t have any Caramilk on hand try substituting it with dark, milk or even white chocolate. They are all delicious!
More Caramilk recipes
Like me and can’t get enough of all things Caramilk? You might also like these delicious recipes:
- Caramilk mud cake
- Banana Caramilk muffins
- No churn Caramilk ice cream
- Caramilk cheesecake
- Caramilk rocky road
- Caramilk brownies
- Caramilk mousse
- Caramilk fudge
- Caramilk slice
Ingredients in Caramilk banana bread
This banana bread is as easy as it gets. All you need are the following simple ingredients, along with a block of Caramilk chocolate.
- Self raising flour
- White sugar
- Caramilk chocolate
- Canola or vegetable oil
How to make Caramilk banana bread
Before making a start on the banana bread, first preheat the oven to 180c. Line a loaf tin with baking paper and set aside.
Add to a large mixing bowl the self raising flour, sugar and chopped Caramilk. Stir until well combined and set aside.
To another mixing bowl, add the mashed banana, milk, canola or vegetable oil and the egg. Whisk with a fork until all ingredients are well combined.
Make a well in the centre of the bowl with the dry ingredients, and pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Mix together until wet and dry ingredients are just combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin. Bake in the preheated oven for around 40 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
Once the banana bread has cooled completely, melt the remaining Caramilk in a small microwave safe mixing bowl using the microwave. Drizzle over the banana bread and allow to set before slicing and serving. Store the banana bread in an airtight container at room temperature.
Caramilk Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 90g Cadbury Caramilk chocolate (1/2 block)
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 90g Cadbury Caramilk chocolate, extra, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line a loaf tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Add the self raising flour and sugar to a large mixing bowl. Roughly chop the 90g of Caramilk and add the the bowl. Stir until all ingredients are well combined. Set aside.
- To another mixing bowl add the mashed banana, milk, canola or vegetable oil and the egg. Whisk using a fork until well combined.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, then pour in the combined wet ingredients. Stir until all ingredients are just combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin . Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until cooked through. Allow to cool.
- Melt the remaining 90g of Caramilk using the microwave. Drizzle over the cooled banana bread. Allow the chocolate to set before serving.
- Store the banana bread in an airtight container at room temperature.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 303Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 277mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 5g