This caramel popcorn is the ultimate sweet treat. Next time you are craving something sweet but quick and easy, give this popcorn a try.
This recipe uses homemade popcorn, but if you are short on time simply grab a bag of pre-popped popcorn.
For more caramel recipes, take a look at the ideas below:
- Salted caramel bliss balls
- How to make slow cooker caramel
- Caramel slice
- Caramel fudge
- Chocolate caramel tarts
What you will need
To make this sweet and sticky popcorn you will need:
- Popping corn
- Brown sugar
- Glucose – or corn syrup
Store this caramel popcorn in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
This popcorn is not suitable for freezing.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/3 cup popping corn
- 100g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup glucose (or corn syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Pop the popping corn according to packet directions. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over a low-medium heat.
- Add the brown sugar, glucose and salt. Stir until combined, then allow to simmer for 4 minute without stirring.
- Remove the caramel mixture from the heat, then pour over the popcorn. Stir until the popcorn is well coated in the caramel, then spread out on a baking tray lined with baking paper to cool.
- Once the caramel has cooled and set, store the popcorn in an airtight container.
- Store the caramel popcorn in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
- Not suitable for freezing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 219mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 22gProtein: 0g