This butter chicken lasagna is an amazing new way to enjoy butter chicken. It has the delicious flavours of butter chicken, layered with sheets of pasta and topped with melted cheese.
Butter chicken lasagna is the latest craze, so I decided to create my own version that was filled with flavour and quick and easy to put together. I also like to make sure my meals are packed with vegetables, so I added grated sweet potato and zucchini.
The finishing touch to my lasagna was a layer of smooth ricotta. I wanted to add a creamy element, but didn’t want anything rich like a traditional béchamel sauce. The ricotta works perfectly in this dish, but the lasagna is still great without it if you prefer to omit the ricotta.
Easy dinner ideas
Searching for new easy dinner ideas to add to the weekly meal plan? Look no further than the recipes below:
- Chicken caramelised onion and rocket pizza
- Baked feta and tomato pasta
- Slow cooker butter chicken
- Creamy Tuscan chicken
- Cheesy baked meatballs
- Baked spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
- 375g sachet butter chicken simmer sauce
- 375g smooth ricotta
- 375g fresh lasagna sheets
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180c fan forced.
- Heat the oil in a saute pan, and saute the diced onion until it starts to soften.
- Add the chicken mince to the pan and cook, stirring and breaking up lumps, until the mince is no longer pink. Add the grated sweet potato and zucchini and cook, stirring, until the vegetables just start to soften.
- Stir the simmer sauce through the mince mixture and remove from the heat.
- Spread a small amount of the chicken mixture on the base of a baking dish. Top with a lasagna sheet. Top with 1/4 of the remaining sauce and another lasagna sheet. Spread the ricotta mixture evenly, and top with a lasagna sheet. Continue repeating the layers with the remaining mixture and pasta sheets. Top with the grated cheese.
- Bake the lasagna for 35-40 minutes or until golden and the pasta is cooked through.
- I used a Passage to India mild butter chicken simmer sauce sachet in this recipe. Feel free to substitute it for your favourite butter chicken simmer sauce, or a homemade version.
- Serve this lasagna on its own, or with a side salad.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 426Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 510mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 34g