Muesli bars make the perfect snack, and these blueberry yoghurt muesli bars are no exception. These bars are the perfect filling snack to have on hand in the fridge.
There is something about these muesli bars that my kids just love. The combination of blueberries and that sweet yoghurt drizzle on top means they always disappear lightning fast when I make a batch.
More easy snack ideas
How to make blueberry yoghurt muesli bars
These yoghurt muesli bars are so easy to put together. It’s as simple as mixing all ingredients together in a bowl, baking then drizzling with the 2 ingredient yoghurt drizzle.
Before making a start on these muesli bars, preheat the oven to 170c, and line a slice tin with baking paper. Set aside while making the muesli bar mixture.
To make the muesli bar mixture, add to a large mixing bowl the rolled oats, frozen blueberries, natural yoghurt, honey, egg, melted coconut oil and cinnamon. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
Transfer the mixture to the lined slice tin. Press down firmly with the back of a metal spoon, and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool completely in the tin.
Once the muesli bars have cooled completely, it’s time to make the glaze. Add the extra natural yoghurt and icing sugar to a small mixing bowl and stir until well combined. Drizzle the yoghurt mixture over the muesli bars. Return to the fridge until yoghurt drizzle has set. Slice the muesli bars and store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Blueberry yoghurt muesli bars recipe
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup natural yoghurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup natural yoghurt, extra
- 2 1/2 tablespoons icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 170c. Line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Add to a large mixing bowl the rolled oats, frozen blueberries, 1/4 cup of natural yoghurt, honey, egg, melted coconut oil and ground cinnamon. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer the muesli bar mixture to the prepared slice tin. Press the mixture down firmly with the back of a metal spoon.
- Place the slice tin in the preheated oven and bake for around 20 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool completely in the tin.
- Once the muesli bars have cooled completely, make the yoghurt drizzle by combining the extra natural yoghurt in a small bowl with the icing sugar. Drizzle over the muesli bars. Return tin to the fridge until the drizzle has set.
- Slice the muesli bar and store in an airtight container in the fridge.