Nothing beats a batch of blueberry muffins straight out of the oven. This blueberry muffin recipe is as simple as it gets. All it takes is simple ingredients and 20 minutes baking time.
More muffin recipes
Muffins make the perfect snack or lunch box treat. Check out the following recipes for more muffin inspiration:
- Milo muffins
- Savoury muffins
- Sugar free banana muffins
- 3 ingredient chocolate muffins
- 3 ingredient cheese muffins
- Caramello muffins
Ingredients in blueberry muffins
To make a batch of these quick and easy blueberry muffins, you will need the following ingredients:
- Self raising flour
- Canola oil
- Blueberries, either fresh or frozen
How to make blueberry muffins
These blueberry muffins are extremely easy to make. Before making a start on the muffin batter, first preheat the oven to 180c. Line 2 x 6 hole muffin tins with patty pans and set aside.
To make the batter, first add the self raising flour and sugar to a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Take a medium sized mixing bowl, and add the milk, canola oil and egg. Whisk with a fork until well combined.
Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Add the blueberries and very gently fold through, mixing as little as possible to avoid turning the batter purple.
Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Allow to cool in tin.
Store the muffins in an airtight container at room temperature. These muffins can also be frozen.
Blueberry Muffin recipe
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line 2 x 6 hole muffin tins with baking paper and set aside.
- Add the self raising flour and sugar to a large mixing bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Add the milk, canola oil and egg to a medium mixing bowl. Whisk with a fork until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Add the blueberries to the batter and gently fold through, stirring as little as possible to avoid turning the batter purple.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tins. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Allow to cool in tins.
- Store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature. These muffins can also be frozen.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 265mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 3g