These blueberry and banana muffins are deliciously soft and fluffy, and filled with fruity flavour thanks to the blueberries and bananas.
This is an incredibly easy muffin recipe that you can whip up in just a few minutes, and they are perfect for the freezer and school lunch boxes.
Why you are going to love this recipe
- These muffins are great for school lunch boxes.
- They freeze perfectly. Make a big batch and store them in the freezer. Pull them out in the morning and they will be defrosted in just a few hours.
- These muffins, as with any banana muffins, are perfect for using up those over-ripe bananas.
What you need
To make these muffins you will need the following ingredients:
- Self raising flour – If you don’t have any self raising flour on hand, combine 2 teaspoons of baking powder with 2 cups of plain flour.
- White sugar – Feel free to increase or decrease the amount of sugar depending on your tastes.
- Bananas – The riper the bananas the better.
- Milk – Use a full fat milk if possible.
- Canola oil – The canola oil can be substituted for any other mild flavoured oil. The oil can also be substituted for 125g melted butter.
- Fresh blueberries – The fresh blueberries can be substituted for frozen blueberries.
More muffin recipes
- Apple muffins
- Banana chocolate chip muffins
- Orange and poppy seed muffins
- ABCD muffins
- Chocolate chip muffins
- Raspberry and white chocolate muffins
- Apple crumble muffins
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 125g punnet fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- Add the flour and sugar to a large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined and set aside.
- To a smaller mixing bowl add the mashed banana, milk, oil and egg. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry. Mix until just combined. Fold through the blueberries.
- Divide the muffin batter between the muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through.
Frozen blueberries can be used in place of fresh.
Store the muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
These muffins are suitable for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 264mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 4g