This BLT Salad is the ultimate chopped salad for bacon lovers. It features a base of chopped lettuce, followed by cherry tomatoes, avocado, corn kernels, feta cheese and finally topped with golden bacon. The salad is then finished off with a tangy lime vinaigrette dressing, although you could of course use any dressing you like.
- 5 slices bacon, diced
- 4 cups lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, defrosted in microwave if frozen or drained if canned
- 50g feta cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Cool the bacon in a large frying pan over medium heat until golden. Turn onto a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
In a large bowl, add the lettuce, avocado, cherry tomatoes, corn and cooked bacon pieces. Crumble the feta cheese over the salad.
In a small bowl, add the olive oil, vinegar and lime juice, and whisk using a fork until well combined.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.