These best ever roast potatoes are everything roasted potatoes should be. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, they are the perfect side dish to any meal.
The secret to getting the perfect roast potatoes is in the way they are cut, coated and roasted.
Sides are just as important as the main meal itself! Take a look at the recipes below for more side dish inspiration:
- Slow cooker glazed carrots
- Cheesy potato bake
- Roasted parmesan sweet potato
- Mashed potato casserole
- Easy potato salad
Perfect roast potatoes
Making the perfect roasted potatoes is actually simple. Just follow these steps:
Start by peeling the potatoes. Cut each potato in half, then cut each half into thirds. Add the potatoes to a saucepan of cold water, and simmer until just cooked through. Drain the potatoes.
Coat the potatoes in olive oil, then plain flour. Shake the potatoes in the saucepan to roughen up the edges slightly.
Add a layer of oil to the bottom of a roasting dish. Preheat the roasting dish in the oven. Once the roasting dish it hot, add the potatoes. Roast until golden, turning halfway through.
Roast potatoes recipe
- Olive oil
- 1kg potatoes
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Drizzle some olive oil in the base of a roasting dish and place in the oven to preheat.
- Peel the potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half, then cut each half into thirds. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until just softened.
- Drain the potatoes. Coat the potatoes in a little olive oil, then coat in the plain flour. Shake the potatoes in the saucepan to roughen up the edges.
- Transfer the potatoes to the preheated roasting dish. Roast for 40 minutes or until golden, turning halfway through the cooking time.
- Serve while hot and crunchy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 269Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 170mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g