Best Banana Bread
Nothing beats a slice of fresh banana bread. Whenever I have over-ripe bananas that need to be use, this best banana bread recipe is my favourite way to use them up.
This banana bread makes the perfect snack, and is also great for lunch boxes. While this banana bread is amazing as it is, try mixing it up by adding chocolate chips, chopped nuts or sultanas when making the batter. Just add you mix-ins to the dry ingredients and continue the recipe as normal.
Other banana recipes
Searching for more ways to use up those ripe bananas? Look no further than the delicious banana recipes below:
Ingredients in banana bread
To make banana bread you will need the following ingredients:
- Self raising flour
- Bi Carb soda
- Brown sugar
- Mashed bananas
How to make banana bread
Before making the banana bread batter, preheat the oven to 180c and line a loaf tin with baking paper. Set aside.
Start by adding to a large mixing bowl the self raising flour, bi carb soda and brown sugar. Give the ingredients a stir to ensure everything is well combined.
Add the eggs, milk, butter and mashed banana to another mixing bowl and mix until well combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. It’s very important to not over mix the batter. Mixing the ingredients until just combined will give the banana bread a lighter and fluffier texture.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf tin. Bake for around 45 minutes, or until the banana bread is golden on top and cooked through. Allow to cool in the tin. Store any leftover banana bread in an airtight container at room temperature.
- 1 3/4 cups self raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bi carb soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 75g butter, melted
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line a loaf tin with baking paper and set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl add the self raising flour, bi carb soda and brown sugar. Mix until well combined.
- In another mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, melted butter and mashed bananas.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf tin.
- Bake the banana bread for around 45 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Allow to cool in tin.
- Store any uneaten banana bread in an airtight container at room temperature.