This beef in black bean sauce is one of those home cooked meals that taste just as good as the takeaway version. The only difference is this homemade version is so much cheaper.
This version is also incredibly quick and easy to prepare. It’s so quick that you can have dinner on the table in around 20 minutes. It’s also freezer friendly, so make a double batch and freeze half for another day.
Need more dinner ideas for that weekly meal plan? Take a look at the family friendly recipes below:
- Curried sausages
- Butter chicken lasagna
- Slow cooker butter chicken
- Slow cooker bolognese
- Creamy Tuscan chicken
- Cheesy baked meatballs
Can beef in black bean sauce be frozen
Yes! This recipe freezes great, so consider multiplying the ingredients and freezing some for another day. Freeze in a zip lock bag or airtight container.
The vegetables can be substituted
While the onion, mushrooms and capsicum make a great vegetable mix for this meal, feel free to substitute them with anything you have on hand. Just cut vegetables that take slightly longer to cook into thinner pieces to ensure everything cooks at the same time, such as carrot.
Which cut of beef?
This recipe is a quick cook recipe, so use a lean, stir fry friendly beef cut. Avoid anything that requires a longer cooking time, as it will be tough when stir fried.
Store this beef in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Reheat until piping hot using the microwave or stovetop.
This beef is suitable for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g beef stir fry strips
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 capsicum, roughly chopped
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon cornflour
- Add the soy sauce and cornflour to a measuring jug and whisk with a fork until combined. Add the black bean sauce and beef stock and combine. Set aside.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Stir fry the beef, in batches, until browned. Set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the pan. Stir fry the onion, capsicum and mushrooms until starting to soften. Add the ginger and garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Add the beef, any resting meat juices and the sauce mixture to the vegetables. Stir fry until the sauce thickens. Serve with rice.
- This beef in black bean sauce can be frozen in a zip lock bag or airtight container.
- Serve with cooked rice or noodles.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 592mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 18g