These banana chocolate chip muffins take banana muffins to a new level. The muffins are soft, fluffy and have the most delicious banana flavour. Then to make them even better, they are filled with sweet dark chocolate chips.
More muffin recipes
After more muffin recipes? Take a look at the ideas below:
- Orange and poppy seed muffins
- ABCD muffins
- Chocolate chip muffins
- Raspberry and white chocolate muffins
- Apple crumble muffins
- Chocolate banana muffins
- Banana caramilk muffins
What you need
To make these muffins, you will need the following simple ingredients:
- Self raising flour
- White sugar
- Canola oil
- Dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180c fan forced. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- Add to a large mixing bowl the self raising flour and white sugar. Mix until well combined and set aside.
- To another mixing bowl add the milk, oil, egg and mashed banana. Mix until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the flour mixture. Mix until just combined. Fold through the chocolate chips.
- Divide the muffin batter between the muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Allow to cool in tin.
Store these muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
The muffins are suitable for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 266mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 4g