Banana Caramilk Muffins
Banana and caramel is a combination that goes so well together, and so does banana and Caramilk in these banana Caramilk muffins.
These muffins are perfectly soft in the middle with a slight crunch on the outside, not to mention the sweet chunks of Caramilk chocolate hidden inside. They are then finished with a drizzle of melted Caramilk. This is one very delicious way to use that block of Cadbury Caramilk.
More Caramilk recipes
Can’t get enough of Caramilk recipes? Whether it’s a baked or no-bake recipe, there is sure to be a recipe below for you.
- No churn Caramilk ice cream
- Caramilk cheesecake
- Caramilk rocky road
- Caramilk brownies
- Caramilk mousse
- Easy Caramilk fudge
- Caramilk slice
Ingredients in Caramilk banana muffins
Ready to whip up a batch of these amazing Caramilk muffins? You will need the following simple ingredients:
- Self raising flour
- White sugar
- Caramilk chocolate
- Canola or vegetable oil
Tips for making the perfect muffins
Baking the perfect muffins is easier than you might think. Just follow the simple tips below and you will be well on your way to making every batch of muffins the perfect batch.
Don’t overmix the batter
This tip is absolutely essential if you want perfectly soft muffins. It’s very important to not overmix the muffin batter. This is why muffins are made by first mixing the dry ingredients and wet ingredients in seperate bowls. Combining all of the wet ingredients separately allows you to ensure the eggs, oil and milk and perfectly combined before adding them to the dry mixture.
Once the wet ingredients are well combined, add the to the combined dry ingredients and gently mix until all ingredients are JUST combined.
Oil or butter?
It is perfectly ok to use butter in place of oil in these or any muffins for that matter. However, using oil in your muffin batter will result in soft muffins on the inside with that slight crunch on the outside.
Canola oil is best used in muffins for taste reasons, however vegetable oils will work just as well.
How to make Caramilk banana muffins
Before making a start on the muffin batter, first line 2 x 6 hole muffin tins with cupcake liners and set aside. Preheat the oven to 180c.
Start by adding the self raising flour, sugar and half the block of roughly chopped Caramilk chocolate to a large mixing bowl. Stir until well combined and set aside.
Next, add the mashed bananas, milk, egg and oil to another mixing bowl and whisk with a fork until well combined.
Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, then pour in the wet ingredients. Stir until all ingredients are just combined.
Divide the muffin batter evenly between the muffin tins. Bake in the preheated oven for around 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Allow to cool.
Melt the remaining half a block of Caramilk using the microwave, the drizzle over the cooled muffins. Allow to set before serving.
These muffins will be at there very best on the day they are baked, however you can store any leftover muffins in an airtight container at room temperature.
Banana Caramilk Muffins recipe
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 90g Cadbury Caramilk chocolate (1/2 block)
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 90g Cadbury Caramilk chocolate, extra, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line 2 x 6 hole muffin tins with cupcake cases and set aside.
- Add the self raising flour and sugar to a large mixing bowl. Roughly chop the 90g of Caramilk and add the the bowl. Stir until all ingredients are well combined. Set aside.
- To another mixing bowl add the mashed banana, milk, canola or vegetable oil and the egg. Whisk using a fork until well combined.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, then pour in the combined wet ingredients. Stir until all ingredients are just combined.
- Divide the muffin batter evenly between the muffin tins. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Allow to cool.
- Melt the remaining 90g of Caramilk using the microwave. Drizzle over the cooled muffins. Allow the chocolate to set before serving.
- Store the muffins in an airtight container at room temperature.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 303Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 277mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 5g