Spaghetti is one of those staple meals that we all love, but sometimes it’s fun to mix things up and serve them in slightly different ways. That’s what makes this baked spaghetti so great.
This baked spaghetti features a delicious red wine and tomato sauce, layered with spaghetti and cheese. It really is a dinner than the entire family will love.
More easy pasta recipes
Nothing beats pasta for a family friendly dinner. Check out the easy pasta recipes below for more dinner inspiration:
- Creamy pasta salad
- Avocado and bacon pasta salad
- Easy spinach and tomato tortellini
- Easy baked ravioli
- One pot lasagne
- Bulk beef lasagne
- Chicken and vegetable lasagne
Ingredients in baked spaghetti
To make this baked spaghetti you will need the following ingredients:
- Beef mince
- Red wine
- Tomato paste
- Bay leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Dried parsley
- Dried oregano
- Dried basil
- Beef stock powder
- Dried spaghetti
- Tasty cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
Baked Spaghetti recipe
- Drizzle olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 2 celery sticks, finely diced
- 4 gloves garlic, crushed
- 750g beef mince
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 700g tomato passata
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons beef stock powder
- 500g dried spaghetti
- 1/2 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onions, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring, for around 5 minutes or until starting to soften. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute or until fragrant.
- Add the beef mince and cook, stirring, while breaking up any lumps with the back of a wooden spoon, until browned. Add the wine and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the passata, tomato paste, bay leaves, salt and pepper, dried parsley, dried oregano, dried basil, sugar, water and stock powder. Stir to combine, and bring to a simmer. Cover, lower the heat and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the spaghetti according to packet directions. Drain and return the pasta to its saucepan.
- Add half of the sauce to the pasta and stir to combine. Add half of the pasta to a a large baking dish and top with half of the remaining sauce and the tasty cheese. Next, layer with the remaining pasta, followed by the remaining sauce and sprinkle with the mozzarella.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake at 180c for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for a further 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 614Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 330mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 45g