You might have noticed this baked feta and tomato Tiktok pasta all over social media lately. It originated on Tiktok and now people all over are giving it a try.
From the comments I have seen on social media, some love this pasta, others not so much. I had no idea what to expect being such a simple dish, but I was pleasantly surprised.
I did make a few additions to the sauce, such as adding dried oregano, garlic and baby spinach leaves. The end result was quite tasty, and my kids enjoyed it so much they went back for more.
Pasta makes the best easy dinners. For more pasta inspiration take a look at the recipes below:
- Creamy pasta salad
- Slow cooker bolognese
- Baked spaghetti
- Beef lasagne
- Chicken and vegetable lasagne
- Easy spinach and tomato tortellini
Ingredients in Tiktok pasta
These are the ingredients you will need to make the basic version of the viral pasta recipe:
- Cooked pasta
- Feta cheese, preferably a smooth feta such as Danish
- Cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Add extra flavour to your baked feta pasta by selecting a few of these additional ingredients:
- Chilli flakes
- Dried oregano
- Dried thyme
- Fresh basil
- Baby spinach leaves
- Black olives
- Serve with cooked rice instead of pasta
Baked feta and tomato pasta recipe
- 500g pasta, cooked according to packet directions
- 200g Danish feta, or any smooth feta
- 500g cherry tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- Drizzle olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Place the block of feta in the centre of a baking dish, and surround with the cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with the chopped garlic and dried oregano. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the tomatoes are soft.
- Use a fork to mash together the feta and tomatoes. Add to the cooked pasta and stir through the baby spinach leaves.
- I used cows milk Danish feta in my pasta, but any smooth feta will do.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 481Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 445mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 5gSugar: 18gProtein: 14g