This easy apricot slice only takes a few minutes to make, yet tastes so good. It is finished with a delicious sweet and tangy lemon icing, which is completely optional, but looks very pretty and tastes great.
If leaving the icing off this slice, simply sprinkle over a little extra desiccated coconut before slicing.
More slice recipes
- Jelly slice
- Chocolate chip oat slice
- Passionfruit slice
- Apple sour cream slice
- Vanilla slice
- Lemon Weetbix slice
- Anzac slice
Store this slice in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
This slice is suitable for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge before enjoying.
- 125g butter
- 1/2 of a 395g tin sweetened condensed milk
- 250g sweet plain biscuits, crushed
- 250g dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 60g butter, extra
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Add the butter and sweetened condensed milk to a large mixing bowl. Melt together using the microwave.
- Add the crushed biscuits, chopped dried apricots and desiccated coconut to the butter mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the prepared slice tin. Place in the fridge to set for 10 minutes while making the icing.
- To make the icing, melt the butter in a small mixing bowl using the microwave. Add the icing sugar, and enough lemon juice to get a spreadable consistency.
- Spread the icing over the slice, and transfer to the fridge for at least an hour before slicing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 169mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 2g