Anzac biscuits are one of my all time favourite biscuits. There is something about that chewy texture and the fact that they are so easy to make. For an even quicker version, try this Anzac slice. It’s everything Anzac biscuits are, but in a quick and easy slice form.
If you prefer the biscuits version, this recipe can easily be used to make a batch of delicious Anzac biscuits. However, I find this slice version so quick to whip up, and my kids absolutely love a slice in their school lunch boxes. It would have to be one of our most frequently made slices.
This Anzac slice is perfect just the way it but. But if you feel like something a little different, try mixing through some sultanas or chocolate chips.
Other quick and easy slice recipes
Want more quick and easy slice recipes. Well you have come to the right place. Take a look at the recipes below for just a taste of the many slices recipes right here on this website:
- Caramel slice
- Cherry Ripe slice
- Lemon Meringue Slice
- Chocolate hedgehog slice
- Milo and Weetbix slice
- Lemon coconut slice
Anzac slice recipe
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- 100g butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Preheat oven to 160c. Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Mix together the flour, oats, brown sugar and coconut in a large mixing bowl.
- In a safe microwave safe bowl, melt together the butter and golden syrup using the microwave.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the boiling water and combine with the butter mixture.
- Add the butter mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Press mixture into the prepared slice tin using your fingers or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for around 20 minutes or until golden. Cool in tin before removing from tin and slicing.
- Store any uneaten slice in an airtight container at room temperature.