Forget the deep fryer, air fryer frozen onion rings are the only way to enjoy onion rings. These onion rings come out crispy every single time, without the need to add any extra oil.
This is hands down my favourite way to make onion rings. Not only do they taste so good, they also cook much quicker than in the oven.
Air fryer side dishes
Air fryers are the perfect tool for making quick and easy side dishes:
Tips for making the perfect onion rings
- There is no need to preheat the air fryer first. If you do prefer to preheat your air fryer, reduce the cooking time slightly.
- Don’t overcrowd the airfryer basket. The onion rings will be crispier if the air can flow evenly around them as they cook. Cook in 2 batches if necessary.
- All air fryers cook slightly differently, so check the onion rings regularly to check they aren’t cooking too quickly.
- Cook the onion rings from frozen.
How to make air fryer onion rings
- 225g (8 ounces) frozen onion rings
- Arrange the frozen onion rings in the air fryer basket. You may need to do this in 2 batches if you have a smaller air fryer.
- Air fry for 7-10 minutes at 190c (375F), shaking the basket halfway through the cooking time, until the onion rings are golden.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 488mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g