These ABCD Muffins are so good it’s hard to stop at just one. Apple, banana, cinnamon and date muffins are so full of flavour, with the perfect mixture of fruit and spice.
These muffins are great in school lunch boxes, and also freeze fantastically.
Muffins are the perfect school lunchbox treat. Find more great muffin recipes below:
- Chocolate chip muffins
- Raspberry and white chocolate muffins
- Apple crumble muffins
- Chocolate banana muffins
- Banana caramilk muffins
- Blueberry muffins
Ingredients in ABCD muffins
To make these muffins you will need the following ingredients:
- Banana – the riper the better
- Apple – and variety will work well in this recipe. No need to peel the apple.
- Ground cinnamon
- Self raising flour
- White sugar
- Canola oil – or other mild flavoured vegetable oil
ABCD Muffins recipe
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 apple, grated
- 1/2 cup dried dates, roughly chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line 2 x 6 hole muffin tins with patty pans.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the self raising flour, sugar and ground cinnamon.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the banana, grated apple, dates, milk, canola oil and the egg.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Divide the muffin batter between the muffin tins. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Allow to cool in tins.
These muffins will store in an airtight container at room tmeperature for up to 3 days.
These muffins are suitable for freezing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 264mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 4g