These ABCD Muffins are so good it’s hard to stop at just one. Apple, banana, cinnamon and date muffins are so full of flavour, with the perfect mixture of fruit and spice.
These muffins are great in school lunch boxes, and also freeze fantastically.
Muffins are the perfect school lunchbox treat. Find more great muffin recipes below:
- Chocolate chip muffins
- Raspberry and white chocolate muffins
- Apple crumble muffins
- Chocolate banana muffins
- Banana caramilk muffins
- Blueberry muffins
Ingredients and substitutions
To make these muffins you will need the following ingredients:
- Banana – The riper the better.
- Apple – Any variety will work well in this recipe. No need to peel the apples.
- Dates – Use dried dates.
- Ground cinnamon
- Self raising flour – The self raising flour can be substituted with 2 cups plain flour and 3 teaspoons baking powder.
- White sugar – The white sugar can be substituted with brown sugar, or a combination of 1/2 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- Milk – Full fat milk was used in this recipe, however lower fat varieties can also be used.
- Canola oil – The canola oil can be substituted with any variety of mild flavoured oil, or 125g of melted butter.
- Egg – A large sized egg was used in these muffins.
Store these muffins in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
These muffins are suitable for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature before enjoying.
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 apple, grated
- 1/2 cup dried dates, roughly chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line 2 x 6 hole muffin tins with patty pans.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the self raising flour, sugar and ground cinnamon.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the banana, grated apple, dates, milk, canola oil and the egg.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Divide the muffin batter between the muffin tins. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Allow to cool in tins.
- These muffins will store in an airtight container at room tmeperature for up to 3 days.
- These muffins are suitable for freezing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 264mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 4g