This 8 Minute Microwave Carrot Cake is perfect for those times you need dessert in a hurry. It only takes a few minutes to prepare and mix the ingredients in a bowl, and then 8 very short minutes cooking time in the microwave.
The cake is perfectly good on it’s own, but it’s even better topped with our delicious cream cheese icing, like every carrot cake should be. You can either mix the cake by hand, or throw all of the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- 2 cups carrot, finely grated
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon bi-carb soda
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar sifted
- Grease a round microwave safe cake pan. Set aside.
- Mix eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla in large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add the grated carrot, plain flour, cinnamon, mixed spice, bi-carb soda (adding extra cinnamon and mixed spice if your prefer a darker and spicier cake). Mix until well combined.
- Pour cake mixture into the prepared cake pan, cover with a plate or paper towel and microwave for a approximately 8 minutes (this will depend on your microwave). The top will be evenly dry and cake close to the centre of pan will spring back when touched lightly.
- Stand cake for 2-3 minutes in pan, then turn onto a cooling rack and leave to cool completely.
- To make icing, cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a bowl, microwave for 20-30 seconds until cream cheese and butter are very soft. Add icing sugar and mix until smooth and creamy. Add milk or icing sugar if mixture is too thick or thin. Spread over cake.
- Store in a airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Ensure the cake has cooled completely before icing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 471Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 63mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 2gSugar: 41gProtein: 4g