This 3 Ingredient Christmas Cake (3 ingredient fruit cake) is one of the cheapest and easiest fruit cakes you can make, and of course it isn’t just good at Christmas time, it’s perfect all year round! You can decorate the cake any way you like, with icing, icing sugar or just left as is. It’s also great cut up into small squares and decorated, then wrapped in cellophane and given as a gift.
You can pick up bags if mixed fruit from the supermarket, or chop up your own dried fruit mixed in with sultanas. I used sultanas, dried apricots and dates (a kg total of fruit). You can soak your fruit in anything you like, as long as it’s liquid. I have previously used fruit juice, but used chocolate flavoured milk this time.
More Christmas recipes
Ingredients and substitutions
- Mixed fruit – You will need one kilogram of mixed fruit for this cake. You can buy a 1kg bag of mixed fruit, or make up your own combination of dried fruits.
- Fruit juice – Use any flavour of fruit juice for this recipe. Alternatively, you could used flavoured milk.
- Self raising flour
Store this cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. This cake is suitable for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Defrost at room temperature before enjoying.
- 1 kilogram Mixed Fruit or 1kg total of any dried fruit you like
- 2 cups Fruit Juice, any flavour
- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- Mix fruit and juice in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, add flour to fruit mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour into cake tin and bake at 125 degrees for 2 hours. Allow to cool completely in the tin.
- Store this cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Freeze this cake in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Defrost at room temperature before enjoying.
- Serves this fruit cake as is, or decorate with white ready-to-roll fondant icing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 262Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 220mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 7gSugar: 42gProtein: 4g