I’m in love with how simple these 3 ingredient cheese muffins are! They only use 3 ingredients; flour, milk and cheese, but still have a great muffiny texture.
They are perfect as they are, or you can get creative and add extra ingredients to make all sorts of different flavours. Try adding things like bacon, ham, corn, grated carrot, zucchini or sweet potato.
These muffins also freeze perfectly. Just make a big batch and freeze once they have completely cooled. If you take them out of the freezer first thing in the morning, they will have completely defrosted by lunch time, so they are great for school lunchboxes.
These muffins also could not be any cheaper to make, costing only $1.52 for the ingredients. If you want to make them that bit cheaper, you could make up 2 cups of milk using milk powder instead of using fresh milk. You can’t really tell the difference in baked food.
More muffin recipes
Searching for more great muffin recipes? Look no further than the muffin recipes below:
- Milo muffins
- Savoury muffins
- Lemon poppyseed muffins
- Sugar free banana muffins
- Zucchini slice muffins
- Blueberry and banana muffins
- Apple muffins
- ABCD muffins
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups (100g) cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease 2 x 6 hole muffin tins and set aside.
- Add the self raising flour, milk and grated cheese to a large mix bowl and stir until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into greased muffin tins. Bake at 180c for 20 minutes or until cooked through and golden on top.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Store any leftover muffins in an airtight container at room temperature.