This 3 ingredient banana bread is perfect when you want banana bread, but are short on time or ingredients, or both. It’s also a great way to use up those over-ripe bananas.
Three ingredients is all you need to whip up this delicious sweet treat. Enjoy it warm straight out of the oven, or add it to school lunches as a lunch box treat.
Searching for more delicious banana recipes? Look no further than the banana recipes below:
- Chocolate banana muffins
- Caramilk banana bread
- Best banana bread
- Banana Caramilk muffins
- Sugar free banana muffins
- Banana honey pikelets
- Banana cake
Ingredients and substitutions
You might be wondering how banana bread can possibly be made with only 3 ingredients. To bake this recipe you will need:
- Vanilla cake mix – The vanilla cake mix can be substituted with butter cake mix.
- Ripe bananas – The riper the bananas, the more better and more intense the banana flavour will be.
- Eggs – Large sized eggs were used in this recipe.
Step by step instructions
Preheat the oven to 160c. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
Combine the mashed banana and eggs. Add the cake mix to the banana and eggs and mix until well combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin. Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through. Allow to cool in tin.
Store this banana bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
This banana bread is suitable for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature before enjoying.
- 340g vanilla cake mix
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line a loaf tin with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed banana and eggs, mixing until well combined.
- Add the cake mix and mix through the wet ingredients until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the banana bread batter into the prepared loaf tin. Bake for around 45 minutes, or until cooked through. Allow to cool in tin.
- Store the banana bread in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Butter cake mix can also be used.
- Use a chocolate cake mix for chocolate banana bread.
- Add chocolate chips to the batter for a chocolate hit.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 262mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g