These apricot ball are always a massive hit in school lunch boxes. Like the name suggests, they only contain 3 basic ingredients. Simply process the ingredients together, roll into balls and they are ready to go.
Best of all, these apricot balls can be frozen. It’s so easy to double or even triple the recipe, then freeze in a zip lock bag or airtight container.
Lunch box recipes
After some quick and easy recipes to fill those school lunch boxes? Take a look at the ideas below:
- Vegemite and cheese scrolls
- ABCD muffins
- Mini pizzas
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Thermomix zucchini slice
- Chocolate chip oat slice
- Vegetable slice
What you need
To make these delicious apricot balls you will need the following basic ingredients:
- Dried apricots
- Desiccated coconut
Store these apricot bliss balls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
These balls are also suitable for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container or zip lock bag for up to 3 months. Eat straight from the freezer or place in the fridge before eating.
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Place the dried apricots, honey and 1/4 cup of coconut into a food processor. Process until mixture is well combines and begins to form a ball.
- Using wet hands, roll tablespoons full of the mixture into balls. Roll in the remaining 1/4 cup of coconut, and place on a plate or baking tray.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving, or alternatively store in the freezer.
Store these apricot balls in an airtight container.
These apricot balls are suitable for freezing. Simply freeze in an airtight container or ziplock bag.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 48Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 0g