I have been searching for years for the perfect pizza dough recipe; I usually make pizza dough in my bread maker, but sometime I want a quicker option. This no-yeast 2 ingredient pizza dough is pretty much as easy as it gets. It uses just 2 ingredients, self-raising flour and Greek Yoghurt. It does take a few minutes to knead by hand, which I actually enjoy doing, but you can always put it in an electric mixer with a dough hook if you prefer to skip the kneading step.
If you like to be super organised, you can easily make up a big batch of this dough, divide it into portions and pop it in the freezer. Then just let it defrost before rolling out and covering with your toppings. This dough can even be used to make scrolls, either sweet or savoury.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Self raising flour – If you don’t have any self raising flour on hand, substitute with a combination of 1 cup plain flour and 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder.
- Greek yogurt – The Greek yogurt can be substituted with any plain unsweetened yogurt, including coconut yogurt. Different varieties of yogurt may make a stickier dough, so you may need to add extra flour.
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup Greek yoghurt
- Combine the yoghurt and flour in a large bowl and mix together until the ingredients start to form a dough.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead for around 5 minutes or until the dough is smooth and slightly elastic.
- Roll the dough out, sprinkling with more flour if required. Cover the dough in any topping you like, and bake at 200c for 10 minutes or until the topping are golden and the dough is cooked.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 413mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g